Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Socktoberfest!

In previous years I have celebrated Socktoberfest in various ways. Last year I was trying to make as many baby bootees as I could (this plan was foiled when A. arrived a week early instead of a week late like I assumed she would). In other years I have tried to make as many as 3 or 4 pairs of adult socks and in some cases I have succeeded. This year, however, my knitting time is more limited so I tried to do the same for my goals. My goal for Socktoberfest this year was simple, I wanted to finish a pair of socks. Since I have several pairs that I have started and not finished I figured it would be easy. Unfortunately, I have been distracted by a bunch of other projects (someday I'll show pictures of the sweater I finished last week or the longies that are about 2/3rds done). I realized yesterday that in order to make my goal I would really have to buckle down...and I did. As of 10:35pm on October 31st I finished the first pair of socks since A. was born (not counting baby bootees). They are a simple 2x2 rib pattern with a reinforced heel. They don't match because the yarn has a really long color repeat and I didn't feel like wasting all of the yarn needed to begin the second sock at the same point as the first, but there is nothing wrong with socks that are fraternal twins. Therefore, without further ado, here they are:


They are comfy and cozy and my feet are nice and warm. I am happily sitting next to an open window (we cool down the house at night so that we don't have to use the A/C as much during the day, and yes, I know this is not the norm in most places) with socks on my feet and a sweater on my back feeling like a true Knitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment