Thursday, June 24, 2010

Life...

Sorry for the blog silence. This has been a crazy week for us. At the end of last week my daughter got her first ear infection which threw off her sleep pattern making for a cranky baby and a frazzled mom. Thanks goodness for antibiotics, we caught the ear infection early so she wasn't sick for very long and was back to playing and sleeping within a day or two. The only downside is that she has now discovered her ears and has been playing with them constantly ever since. At one point she was tugging at them so much that I took her back to the doctor only to find that everything had cleared up and she's just having fun with her ears.

In other news, she is trying to learn how to crawl properly (she's been "army crawling" for a while, but can't get her knees under her), get herself to sitting and walk. Yes, we have a very special little girl who doesn't seem to know the order that these things "should" be done in. I love her to bits, but all these attempted milestones make me feel like she's growing up too fast. She can't figure out how to balance well enough to do proper walking, but she constantly wants to pull up on me and hold my hands as she "walks" around the room. She is also holding onto the furniture and cruising, though luckily she is still very slow. She is also very curious which means that I have to always watch her to make sure that she isn't eating bugs, eating dog fur, chewing on the dog toys, pulling on the lamp cord to see what happens, pulling books off the shelf, etc. It seems no matter how often I vacuum she still finds something to try and put in her mouth that she shouldn't. Does anyone have any thoughts beyond putting her in a giant hamster ball? I've babyproofed where I can, but short of significant rearranging (like putting bookcases in the guest bedroom) I don't know how much more we can do so any thoughts would be great.

Finally, in the updates on my life catagory, 4 years ago today DH and I officially became Mr and Mrs. On the one hand I can't believe it's been 4 whole years, on the other I can't believe it's only been 4 years. I am still trying to figure out how we want to celebrate. We don't have a babysitter (nor do we really want one, long explanation so we'll leave it at that unless someone wants a long explanation) so I'd love any babyfriendly and budget friendly ideas. I am currently debating between a picnic and a candlelit dinner at home after LO goes to bed. Any other great ideas? Can you tell that we've been busy with other things?

That is all for now, I'll be back to my regularly scheduled ramblings starting tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you are celebrating already (congrats :)...picnics and candlelit dinners are definite favorites of ours. Something about celebrating in that way feels much more special to us than going out to some fancy place and spending way too much money...

    May you have 4zillion more years together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. We opted for the picnic and went up Mt Lemmon. I love the air up there and can't wait until Audrey is big enough to actually walk some when we go hiking and to go camping. (She's probably big enough for camping right now, but it's so hot we are gonna wait a bit.) Either way I'm glad we were able to include Audrey in the celebration because in many ways marriage is about creating a family and she is a part of the family we created. Fancy restaurants are nice sometimes, but mountain air is nicer and no one cares if Audrey suddenly yells out in excitement because she sees something neat. :) I'm just glad I'm not the only one who feels that picnics or dinner at home is nicer. I feel like a freak sometimes because people give me weird looks when I say that a lot of times...

    ReplyDelete